Assistant Professor, Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
- Ph.D., Engineering Education, Social Policy (Graduate Certificate), Purdue University, 2017.
- Ph.D. (with honors), Philosophy of Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, 2011.
- Visiting Graduate Student, Ethics of Technology and Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2008-2009.
- B.S., Materials Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, 2005.
- Science and Engineering Ethics
- Engineering Education
- Engineering Studies
- Chinese Philosophy
- Responsible Research and Innovation.
- Michelfelder, D., Newberry, B., & Zhu, Q. (Eds.). (2017). Philosophy and engineering: Exploring boundaries, expanding connections. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer.
- Wang, Q., & Zhu, Q. (2015). Gongcheng lunli de shijian youxiaoxing yanjiu [A study of practical effectiveness in engineering ethics]. Beijing: Science Press.
- Zhu, Q., & Jesiek, B. (2017). A Pragmatic approach to ethical decision-making in engineering practice: Characteristics, evaluation criteria, and implications for instruction and assessment. Science and Engineering Ethics. 23(3), 663-679.
- Wang, Q., Zhang, W., & Zhu, Q. (2015). Directing engineering ethics training toward practical effectiveness.Technology in Society, 43, 65-68.
- Zhu, Q., Jesiek, B., & Gong, Y. (2015). Past/forward policymaking: Transforming Chinese engineering education since the Reform and Opening-up. History of Education, 44(5), 553-574.
- Zhu, Q., & Jesiek, B. (2014). In pursuit of the Dao in policymaking: Toward a cultural approach to understanding engineering education policy in China. Technology in Society, 38, 169-176.
- Jesiek, B., Zhu, Q., Woo, S., Thompson, J., & Mazzurco, A. (2014). Global engineering competency in context: Situations and behaviors. Online Journal for Global Engineering Education, 8(1). Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.uri.edu/ojgee/vol8/iss1/1/
- Mitcham, C., Heller, L., Wang, N., Zhu, Q., Packard, C., Holles, C., Hudson, D., & Rolston, J. (2013). Nanotechnology ethics and policy education: Learning and sharing across boundaries. Journal of Nano Education, 5(2), 180-187.
- Zhu, Q. (2010). Engineering ethics studies in China: Dialogue between traditionalism and modernism. Engineering Studies: Journal of the International Network for Engineering Studies, 2(2), 85-107.