The course work in the Division of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (HASS) reveals the cultural, philosophical, ethical, social, political, environmental, international, and global contexts, past and present, which impact the practice and application of science and engineering in today’s world. HASS students will engage in life-long learning and recognize the value of doing so by acquiring the broad education necessary to
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in contemporary, global, international, societal, political, and ethical contexts,
- Understand the role of Humanities and Social Sciences in identifying, formulating and solving engineering problems,
- Prepare people to live and work in a complex world
- Understand the meaning and implications of “stewardship of the Earth,”
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally.